Marine Diesel Engine Course - Sydney, Brisbane
View the Timetable
Choose what dates suits you from our timetable to enrol.
book group training
We can host your group training or come to your workplace.
Send us an enquiry form and our team with contact you shortly.
Enrol by Phone
02 9011 7911
Our support desk is available
Monday to Friday 9am-5pm.
Marine Training Reviews & All Training Reviews
"As a trainer myself in a volunteer and professional capacity it was a pleasure to have you training me as I found you articulate, engaging and well timed in the delivery and explanation of the course content.People often ask me where they can do their training and I certainly won't hesitate in recommending you as their trainer and will direct them to Training Aid Australia to book their course. Thanks again for a great course".
"The trainer was able to provide information relating to a personal request/question from the students. The information was practical. The scenarios were great".
"I just wanted to say that I thought the course was very useful and perfectly pitched for the audience".
Marine Diesel Engine Course (RYA Accredited Training) $310
1 day course in
Sydney and Brisbane
By completing this Marine Diesel Engine course, you will have a sound understanding of how to perform general maintenance on your diesel engine and save money on paid servicing.
Marine Diesel Engine Course Details
This is a 1 day face to face course, from 9am to 5pm. 10 Students per Marine Diesel Engine course maximum.
- Sydney - The Marine Diesel Engine theory training will be conducted in the Mosman Sea Scouts Hall, Harnett Park, Mosman (behind Mosman Rowers Club). There is plenty of parking at Harnett park for students as long as you arrive early. Students must then make their way to the practical session.
- Brisbane - The Marine Diesel Engine theory training will be conducted in the Coast Guard classrooms at the Darling Point Sailing Squadron, Trafalgar Street, Manly, Brisbane, Queensland. Please don’t park in the DPSS grounds; parking for students is on the roadside
- Sydney - The Marine Diesel Engine practical session will be conducted on board our training yacht at the Middle Harbour Yacht Club, The Spit, Mosman.
- Brisbane - The Marine Diesel Engine practical session will be conducted on board our training yacht at the East Coast Marina, 570 Royal Esplanade, Manly Queensland.
Marine Diesel Engine Course Requirements
Your RYA sail and power log books for endorsement, sensible clothing for engine room work, note pad and pen. All tools are provided.
Marine Diesel Engine Course Training
Identifying key engine parts
Understanding how four stroke engines work
How turbochargers and intercoolers work
Fuel systems and problem solving
How cooling systems work
Solving fuel problems
Air systems for diesel engines
Engine electrical systems
On board checklists for your boat
Engine lubrication and servicing
Fault finding in marine diesel engines
Your RYA or AYF TL4 Log Book can be signed off at the Marine Diesel Engine training session if you have one.
Other Training Courses
Training Aid Australia provides other training courses for the Marine Industry including:
- Marine First Aid (CPR and marine first aid)
- STCW95 Sea Survival (RYA & ISAF accredited)
- Marine Radar Operation (radar chart plotter course)
- Marine Radio Licence (hf & UHF radio licence)
For more information about these courses, please feel free to contact us.
Enrol in Marine Diesel Engine Course in Sydney -
Enrol in Marine Diesel Engine Course in Brisbane -
*If the Marine Diesel Engine course date you want isn't listed here, check our full Training Calendar.
Sydney Theory Session Location
Sea Scouts Hall, Harnett Park, Mosman, Sydney
(behind Mosman Rowers Club)
Sydney Practical Session Location
Middle Harbour Yacht Club , The Spit, Mosman, Sydney
Brisbane Theory Session Location
Darling Point Sailing Squadron, Trafalgar Street, Manly, Brisbane, Queensland
Brisbane Practical Session Location
East Coast Marina, 570 Royal Esplanade, Manly, Brisbane, Queensland